FIC Scholarship Program
The 2014-2015 Scholarship topic will be
announced in late August/early
The winners were as follows:
$1,000 Harvey Bakke Scholarship:
- Jennifer Taray of Minnco Credit Union - Read the winning essay
$500 Scholarship Winners:
- Neesha Basnyat of First Alliance Credit Union
- Bronson Bruneau of Affinity Plus Credit Union
- Karlie Kurtz of City & County Credit Union
- Matthew Rosen of Richfield Bloomington Credit Union
- Courtney Van De Velde of Hiway Federal Credit Union
- Nicole Hallstrom of Minnco Credit Union
- Isaac Foote of SPIRE Federal Credit Union
- Allison Dodge of US Federal Credit Union
HOW ARE RECIPIENTS SELECTED?
The FIC board members will select the scholarship recipients in March. The decision of the selection committee is final and not subject to review. Applications in the traditional student and in the non-traditional student categories are judged separately.
Scholarship winners will be posted on the FIC website. In addition, the scholarship recipients and their credit unions will be notified. Non-winners will not be notified.
Funds for the FIC scholarships are driven by the success of the annual Silent Auction held in conjunction with the Minnesota Credit Union Network’s Annual Meeting.
About Harvey Bakke
The two $1,000 Harvey Bakke Scholarships were named in honor of a long-time Minnesota Family Involvement Council member, Harvey Bakke. Harvey served on the FIC Board for 12 years. His dedication to the credit union community was extraordinary. A board member for the Red Lake Co-op FCU in Red Lake Falls, MN, Harvey gave his time, knowledge and support not only to the board of his credit union but to the FIC as well.